- Reynolds 853 Seamless Air-Hardening Heat-Treated chromoly featuring an exclusive fully oval toptube and oval-round Ø36.4mm downtube that mirrors the exact profiles used on the Volare 953 V5.
- Full carbon ADK fork w/ 1-1/2 – 1-1/8” tapered steerer (370g uncut).
- Beefy Ø24mm round-oval-round chainstays, oval-round Ø31/41- 36.4mm downtube and BB86 press-fit BB shell help deliver a stiff and efficient pedalling platform.
- Permanently shimmed seat tube for Ø27.2mm seatpost, flat ovalised seatstays and fully oval Ø31/8/25.4mm toptube help ensure great in-saddle comfort.
- New Ø44/34 tapered headtube follows the profile of a tapered steerer much closer than the straight Ø44mm part previously used – v.little excess space/diameter/material = lower weight. It’s also easier on the eye.
- Mechanical or fully internal Di2 ready – frame ships with rubber blanking grommets and Di2 seatpost battery shim.
- Ships with FSA sealed cartridge bearing headset, FSA compressor & &new brass cable adjusters (self-lubricating).
Genesis Volare 853 Frameset – 2017
The Volare 853 frameset is infused with the same race winning DNA as the 953 team bike but is a little friendlier on the pocket thanks to the use of the brilliant-yet-affordable 853 tubeset.
We've worked extensively with Reynolds to produce exclusive, new custom-drawn toptube and downtube that mirrors exactly those used and developed for the 953 team frame; the full-oval Ø31.8/25.4mm toptube should improve in-saddle comfort whilt the oval-round Ø31.4/41.4-36.4mm downtube should further boost pedalling efficiency when paired with the beefy round-oval-round 24mm chainstays and wide BB86 bottom bracket shell.
Complete with a full carbon monocoque straight bladed ADK fork for tracking precision the Volare 853 frameset is ready to be built with either the mechanical or electronic group of your choice and delivers on-rails handling for the discerning crit-racer looking for something a little different to the norm.
Frame and Fork
- Reynolds 853 Heat-Treated & Air-Hardened w/ Ø44-34mm Tapered Steerer & Dual Di2/Mechanical Compatibility
- ADK Full Carbon Road Race w/ 1.5-1 1/8″ Tapered Steerer
- FPD Dozer-1189
- Phantom Black
- 2.37kg (Med frame, fork, headset & seatclamp)
- XS | S | M | L | XL
- Front Derailleur
- 31.8mm Band-on (not incl.)
- Bottom Bracket
- BB86 Press-Fit (not incl.)
- 27.2mm (not incl.) / Di2 Seatpost Battery Shim (incl.)
- Seat Clamp
- 31.8mm (incl.)
|1 – Effective Top Tube (mm)||516||536||554||572||592|
|2 – Seat Angle (°)||74||73.5||73.25||73||72.5|
|3 – Headtube Length (mm)||115||130||145||165||180|
|4 – Head Angle (°)||71.5||72||73||73.3||73.3|
|5 – Seat Tube Length (C-T, mm)||470||490||520||540||560|
|6 – BB Drop (mm)||72||72||70||68||68|
|7 – Chanstay Length (mm)||405||407||407||410||410|
|8 – Fork Offset (mm)||52||52||45||45||45|
|9 – Trail (mm)||57||54||55||54||54|
|10 – Wheelbase Length (mm)||970||983||983||996||1011|
|11 – Standover (mm)||–||–||–||–||–|
|12 – Stack (mm)||525||542||560||578||593|
|13 – Reach (mm)||365||375||385||395||405|