GCYCLES is owned and operated by myself Graham Walker.
I grew up in a city full of bicycles – Oxford, U.K. and I have been riding and working on bicycles for longer than I can remember. Growing up my mates and I used to thrash our bikes, consequently I gained a lot of practice fixing them . I raced BMX for a couple of years and had some success at a national level before it got all too big and the fun got sucked out of it. I then got into Mountain Bikes and the fun began again! These days I’m find myself mostly riding my road or cross/gravel bike and I also love to get out in the hills on my Mountain Bike.
In February 2012 I attended advanced bicycle mechanic courses at the renowned Barnett Bicycle Institute in Colorado Springs, USA to ensure that I offer my customers the highest standards and most knowledgeable mechanical service available. My association with Barnett Bicycle Institute enables me to keep up to date with the latest technologies and their related mechanical procedures.
I have lived in Mullumbimby, Byron Shire, NSW since 2005. The area offers great riding for all types of cycling. I’d love to help you stay on the road and enjoy the sublime pleasure that a well looked after finely tuned bicycle can provide.
- BTEC Mechanical Engineering – Oxford College of Further Education.
- Bicycle Repair and Overhaul – Barnetts Bicycle Institute, Colorado Springs.
- Suspension Service and Tuning – Barnetts Bicycle Institute, Colorado Springs.
- Managing the Service Department – Barnetts Bicycle Institute, Colorado Springs.
- Effective Sale of Service – Barnetts Bicycle Institute, Colorado Springs.
- Fillet Brazing Master Class – The Bicycle Academy, Frome.
My workshop is solar powered. I use biodegradable lubes and recycle all materials where possible. As much of my personal fuel as possible is organic!
GCYCLES recognises the Bundjalung of Byron Bay Aboriginal-Arakwal People as traditional custodians of this land.